Become a ProStart School!
What is ProStart?
ProStart is a two-year culinary arts and hospitality management program developed by the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation. The curriculum is comprehensive and covers: safety and sanitation, basic cooking techniques, knife skills, entrepreneurship and business. CRAF enriches ProStart programs by connecting schools with industry. We do this through field trips, guest speakers, mentoring, grants, competitions and scholarships. From culinary techniques to management skills, ProStart’s industry-driven curriculum provides real-life experience opportunities and builds practical skills and a foundation that will last a lifetime.
CRAF supports the ProStart program in the state's 127 public high schools serving more than 9,000 students. Internationally, ProStart includes 137,300 students in 1,768 schools and technical centers across the United States, Guam, Europe, and Asia.
How do I become a ProStart school?
It's simple: Once you have adopted the Foundations of Restaurant Management & Culinary Arts text books, you are considered a ProStart school and have access to all ProStart activities and benefits offered by the California Restaurant Association Foundation. There is no annual fee to be a ProStart school.
Support for ProStart Schools:
- Professional development opportunities for instructors
- School granting fund - to support travel, equipment, supplies and ServSafe exams
- Scholarships for students
- FIT – a job readiness training program for students
- Fieldtrip sites
- Speakers Bureau
- National ProStart Certificate of Achievement
- CRA Workforce Ready Card
- "Experience Hospitality" - half-day leadership summit
- Annual high school culinary arts and hospitality management competition
For more info or to request a sample copy of the textbook: Contact Natalie Tong at firstname.lastname@example.org